I felt guilty for not doing it so here tis Anois...
1. How tall are you? 5'9" :
2. If you could own one thing that hasn't been invented yet, what would it be?
I want it to someday be mandatory for people to wear a bullhorn broadcasting their thoughts.
3. One year in prison for something you didn't do or say you did it to get a year's probation? I would kill
for a year's solitude in prison. *grin*
4. Do you believe human beings are instinctually monogamous? Why? No way. I'm not at all sure why we went that route either. Some romantic notion or other...
5. Describe the immediate area surrounding your computer. Eye-camera thingy on top of monitor. Bajillions of posty notes everywhere with vital tidbits that I'll prob never throw away or look at again. One cardboard cookie. PENS EVERYWHERE! Stereo, dictionary, thesaurus, Rilke bks, Rumi book, poster of about 100 kittys, a scarecrow.
6. You're having a dinner party with 6 well-known, currently living people. Who do you invite? H.H. Dalai Lama & his 5 other emanations. Maybe Tim Carrey for some comic relief. or Woody. Bill Moyer is like the culmination of all the great Minds he's ever met so HE'D be interesting as heck. (Yes, this is a VULGAR-FREE post kiddies)
7. Name an article of clothing or an accessory that you don't have but would like to own. A corset.
8. Name 3 things you'd like to do in this lifetime but haven't yet. Drum with a Malinke tribe in W. Africa, meet someone who thoroughly "gets" me, go hang-gliding - ahhhh, to feel what it feels like to fly...
9. If you could return to life (after death) as an adult, retaining the knowledge you gained in this lifetime, and you could choose a different local and era, where and when would that be? This era - The Hamana region of Guinea, w.afr. Those drummers are the BEST jazz musicians inna da world!!! Either that or a monk in a Nepalese monestary.
10. Who cooked the best breakfast you ever had? What was it?
A lil' ol' kitchen in W. Sea called "The Cookbook Cafe". Gone now, pity. The lumpiest greasiest tastiest graviest biscuits I evah did see.
11. Where do you go to meditate and think? The forest. Deep into the forest.
12. Share a lesson you've learned. It's all arising, dwelling & ceasing so don't attach.
13. What does your favorite pair of shoes look like? I think they're called Dockers? Black strapped slip-on sandals. I wear them through every season. Color me comfort and ease.
14. If you could commit one crime - one free crime, no consequences - what would it be? Cleaning out a bank's vaults.
15. Do you believe in heaven? Even if you don't, if you could design it, what would it look like? I believe in mind and that a heaven can reside there. It would just be every imaginable desire instantly realised.
16. Tell me about someone I probably don't know about. My friend Kathy. She died in a car that I was in moments before, now mangled and wrapped around a lamp post.
17. What are the things you like best about your life RIGHT NOW? I am so blessedly drenched in Time. A pauper monetarily but so wealthy with time & space in my life. I love that I have 2 beautiful boys and that they're gone half the time. I love the Balance in my life. And the rhythms.
18. What would you like to be doing with your life 5 years from now? The same thing but more deeply into me. Maybe in 10 years, teaching in Africa.
19. Go for a mental walk and pick up 5 imaginary objects. What did you get? A walking stick, a begging bowl, a saffron robe, a razor, a flower (= enlightenment! Wheee! Great walk!)
20. If I ask you to build something, what's the first thing that came to your mind? A hut.